CODE salon / September 23, 2020
Excited. Energized. Ready.
CODE salon is back!
This moment is a long time coming. We are happy to announce that we are responsibly swinging our doors open and welcoming guests into our space after months of uncertainty and extraordinarily challenging times for CODE and all living in the Bay Area.
We’re energized to take good extraordinary care.
CODE salon has always been recognized for cleanliness, efficient operations, and going above and beyond when it comes to meeting the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology requirements as a licensed establishment. Everyone at CODE is committed to delivering the service experience you expect from us in a salon space carefully transformed to meet the demands of our shared COVID-19 reality. We have safety measures and protocols in place so that, when you’re ready, you can visit CODE salon knowing we are applying infectious disease prevention best practices. All at CODE are well-trained and highly motivated to sustain an environment that supports your wellness and ours.
We’re moving forward.
We’re focusing on the things we can control. At CODE, we have spent the past few months preparing our salon, and one another, to do what we love to do in new ways. Below, we share the specific practices and guidelines we now have in place. All who enter CODE will need to respect these measures so everyone can enjoy spending time together in our salon space knowing sanitation and safety practices are consistently and universally applied.
We have a plan for keeping one another safe at CODE.
Please read our safety guidelines for visits to CODE and learn more about how we are doing all we can to deliver a safe, sanitary and enjoyable salon experience.
Thank you in advance for reviewing and respecting Keeping It Real, Keeping It Safe salon experience guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you back to CODE and to partnering with you to ensure your time with us is both enjoyable and safe.
In health and with love,
Cheryl & Louise
Co-owners, CODE salon
Keeping It Real, Keeping It Safe salon experience guidelines
KEEPING SHARED SPACE SAFE
CODE is fortunate to have lots of open space. All of our salon stations and resources in use for services are more than 6 feet apart. Even so, the following measures are important to ensuring our salon space is optimized for everyone’s safety.
EXPANDED HOURS OF OPERATIONS
CODE salon is now open Tuesday—Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. to accommodate the high demand for reservations while adhering to physical distancing protocols. We have designed the CODE Crew schedules in two groups over 7 days in the week to manage salon capacity.
Upon arrival at CODE, all guests and CODE team members have their temperatures taken. Additionally, we are asking a standard set of health-related prescreening questions to ensure a symptom free environment.
ONLY GUESTS WITH RESERVATIONS ENTER THE SALON
We are limiting the number of people in the salon at any one time to maintain physical distancing guidelines. As much as we love company, we need to minimize the number of people in the salon at any given time.
We love pets too, but they may not join guests in the salon at this time. Service animals are an exception.
LOTS OF MOVING AIR
Salon windows are being kept open to maximize air circulation. CODE is refraining from using air conditioning at this time. Please dress accordingly.
Stations, tools and common areas are being thoroughly sanitized and disinfected between each guest visit and consistently throughout the day using EPA-approved disinfectant protocols including hand sanitation practices.
TOUCH-FREE RETAIL PURCHASES
Retail items are being handled only by the CODE Crew and sanitized during the checkout phase. CODE can also ship your product purchases and waive shipping costs for orders $75.00 and beyond.
BEVERAGE, YES/FOOD, NO
CODE is offering self-service water and guests are welcome to bring beverages into the salon. Food is currently allowed at CODE to prevent mask removal for extended amounts of time.
PRIVATE SPACE AVAILABLE
There is also a private space available on the ground level complaint for handicap accessibility and suitable for guests more at risk for COVID-19 complications who need to experience minimal contact. Room availability is limited and must be confirmed by request.
PARTICIPATING IN A GUIDED SALON EXPERIENCE
1. From the first Hello!, your entire service experience at CODE salon is guided by our Crew.
2. At the salon door, a quick MASK CHECK happens as masks are required for service. Each guest receives a PPE mask upon arrival and is required to wear it during the salon experience. Please read the nitty-gritty about masks and other PPE below.
3. Hands sanitizer is applied at the time of salon arrival and throughout the salon experience. Additionally, there are sanitation stations in common areas throughout the salon space.
4. A CODE crew member walks with you to your salon station for your service. Or they may lead you to a waiting area, marked for physical distancing, until your service starts. Any wait you may experience will be brief.
5. Bins are available for guests at each station for personal belongings during the service. CODE will not hold any personal belongings and our changing rooms and coat rack services are not available at this time.
6. CODE team members guide guests to and from salon stations and other facilities to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
7. Guests have the option to check-out at the station and can have purchased products pre-packed or shipped to add to the minimal touch experience.
PREPARING FOR SALON VISITS
· PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to reservation start time. Timeliness is a priority for smooth operations.
· BE RELEASE-FORM READY
All guests are required to sign the Acknowledgement of COVID-19 related Policies Release Form prior to each reservation.
· CANCEL RESERVATIONS AS NEEDED
Cancellation penalties because of illness or symptom signs are being waived at this time, however No-Show policy still applies. Please contact CODE to cancel your reservation.
· MAKE NOTE OF SERVICE MENU CHANGES
CODE has made some minor changes to our service menu offering and these changes will be communicated by the Reservations Team upon inquiry.
· BOOK EARLY & MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO IS ON FILE
Consider booking all future reservations by email or phone call to minimize the time in the salon and bypass checking out. CODE requires a credit card on file for all guests so this can add to a seamless and swift touch free exit after the service.
Please be mindful of your parking options in the area.
· SOMA WHOLE FOODS
Whole Foods hours are currently limited to 8 a.m.—1:00 p.m. daily. Guests 60+, at high risk or with disabilities can shop in-store from 7 – 8 am on Fridays.
· Masks are required and must be worn at all times while at CODE salon. Behind-the-ear mask styles are necessary so that salon services can be performed without mask removal. Masks must cover both nose and mouth. CODE has PPE masks available for a healthy salon experience.
· In addition to face masks, face shields and/ or protective eyewear may be used by CODE crew members when they are face to face with a guest during a salon service.
Thank you for reading through our Keeping It Real, Keeping It Safe salon experience guidelines and for joining us in putting them into practice at CODE salon. We look forward to seeing you soon!